Sorry for the delay but you know, life happens lol!
Here is a run through of how I made the above card.
For starters this card was made using papers from a Readers Design Team article, for Quick Cards Made Easy, Magazine 154. Below is the card I made for the challenge:
For the Hello card, I really wanted the papers to do the talking as I really like them and enjoyed working with them.
- I started with a white square card base, 6”x 6”.
- Next I layered my patterned paper onto soft Gold Mirri Card, leaving a narrow border between the layers.
- I then added a layered horizontal strip of coordinating paper, fairly wide, onto some more Gold Mirri card and attached it with foam tape to the base. The measurements are not precise as I tend to make things by eye as opposed to strict measurement:)
- I then added the ‘hello’ die cut and then the flagged pennants, peeking from the top of the horizontal panel.
- For the Happy Birthday panel I used white Staz on Ink directly onto the patterned paper panel. This panel was then layered onto Gold and then white pan card panels, each with a narrow border for the layer before.
- I thought that the card needed a little extra glimmer, so I punched out tiny circles of Gold Mirri using my hole punch. I adhered them to the card and coated them with Glossy accents. Then I decided that the ‘hello’ die cut needed some Glossy Accents too lol!!!
I hope that you have enjoyed this step by step process, I’m glad to be back!!
Take care folks and Happy Crafting!!