Hi once again,
Todays project is a card that I made using a variety of water-colour techniques. From the background to the main image I went water-colour crazy lol!!
Starting with the back ground, I mixed the colours that I wanted to use – I had chosen orange and yellow tones – and painted a dotty circle pattern, over laid with flicks of paint straight off of the brush.
I then proceeded to get creative with the layer elements I had chosen:
- Firstly I layered strips of Washi tape and painted water-colour paper ,pennant strips. I also lay two rows of co-ordinating twine across the card front.
- I then painted two doilies with a wash of colour, one in yellow and the other orange.
- The next layer is a die cut that I painted and stamped onto.
- The second to last layer is another water-colour paper die cut. This time only edged with watercolour paints to add depth and dimension and some clean space.
- The final layer is a stamp and punch combination~ water-colour paper~ with water-colour droplets over the surface.
- Of course, I then decorated the inside AND the envelope to match 🙂
I really enjoyed working with this colour palette and feel that the Black Ink adds stability and substance to the overall effect.
I hope that you have enjoyed todays share and I look forward to hearing any and all questions or comments that you may have.
Take care and Happy Crafting!!